Monday, January 5, 2009

Hi-ho, hi-ho

Today it was back to work for me, after having been on leave for the whole of the Panto run.

Last night I had to dash off immediately after the show ended, because my sister had come to watch and she was going to give me a lift home. So I missed all the hugging and saying-goodbyeing, and also any crying (good as was not wearing waterproof mascara, haha).

Leaving the cosy world of theatre and re-entering the corporate environment was a bit of a shock to the system, especially the transition from the theatrical late-to-bed-late-to-rise to having to drag myself out of bed in the chilly pre-dawn. Urgh.

In chorus, I was one of the oldest, and the only one married - talk was of boyfriends, parties and theatre, and we spent most of our time putting on our make-up and getting in and out of costumes. At work, I'm one of the youngest - talk is of children, spouses and customers, and we spend most of our time, well, working.

Theatre is more fun but I do have two consolations - the pay is better, and I am absolutely forbidden to get my belly out.

No comments: