Sunday, January 4, 2009

Interview: Dorielle

Name: Dorielle Scicluna
Panto Role: Chorus girl
Non-Panto Role: Student

How did you come to be in the theatre scene?
It's pumping in my veins! I used to attend a community group, and we used to organise musicals, so that's how I started out.

How about Panto, how did you come to be involved in it?
I was a member of MADC, and that's how I found out about the audition.

What is your favourite genre in theatre?
Musicals, they combine my two greatest loves - music and theatre!

What has been your most embarrassing theatrical moment so far?
In a musical number during Panto, I made a huge mistake – I missed a step and went the wrong way... and I'm in the front line!

What has been your best theatrical experience?
Hearing the audience applaud takes my breath away.

And what has been your worst theatrical experience
During Soirée rehearsals, getting hit by someone's foot in my eye - lots of blood (I'm scared of blood) and twelve stitches!

And finally, what has been your most special theatrical experience?
When a guy proposed to his girlfriend on stage during Panto!

If you could play any role at all, in any production, what would it be?
Christine in 'Phantom of the Opera', in London, because I love Phantom and she's perfect.

If you could give one piece of advice to a person thinking about getting involved in the world of theatre, what would it be?
Don't choose Panto, because they expect you to know a lot of things without telling you! For example that you're not supposed to give your back to the audience, or that you can't really talk on stage, you have to pretend.

Say something nice about someone else in the cast.
Laureen is really hilarious, she's my 'twin sister' and people even confuse us!

And finally... what's a phrase that will now forever remind you of this year's Panto?
Aħna min aħna?

No comments: