Thursday, January 1, 2009

Weight loss and Panto

After the photo shoot in October, I decided to get serious about losing some weight, especially since there would be belly-baring costumes for the show.

My short-term target was to get back to my pre-wedding weight because in a year of being married to a man who can cook, I put on six kilos (ouch). My long-term target was to lose a further six kilos, which would put me at a good weight for my height.

I learned how to count calories, this site was great for getting an idea of the calorie content of various foods. So I started keeping tabs on what I ate throughout the day, and fell into a routine of eating supper at around 6pm before heading off the rehearsals, and then not eating again until breakfast the next day. I also had a decent breakfast and upped the fibre in my diet.

Between the diet and the dance rehearsals, I lost three kilos in two months, which is not fantastic but encouraging, and I started to feel healthier and had more energy too. I then lost a further two kilos in the two weeks that we having been having Panto performances (all that dancing every night!). So I'm almost at my short-term goal, and I'm well pleased.

Unfortunately, I won't have Panto to help with my long-term goal over the next few months (only four shows left!) but I'm hoping that I'll continue what I started. The Wii that I'll be getting for my birthday should be a fun way to exercise, especially the Wii Fit game that tracks your weight gain/loss over time.

So, Panto has been good for my health, hooray! I rather overdid it today, having New Year's lunch at my mum's, mmmm, but I'll be good tomorrow, promise.

No comments: