Friday, December 19, 2008

First Night

Funnily enough, I didn't really feel nervous about the first night. Usually before a first show I feel sick to my stomach, just the same as before an exam, but that didn't really happen this time. Maybe it's because I was so excited to finally be going on stage and doing what we have been training for over the last two months that I didn't have enough emotional capacity left over to use for being nervous.

Having a dress rehearsal with an audience helped too I think - that was a good transition into the performance proper, so we went into first night knowing that we had already proved that we could do the scenes, do the costume changes, do the dances, and so on.

I enjoyed the show, it's a great feeling to be doing something that you have been working so hard towards. It was for this that I spent two months going straight from work to rehearsals to home to work, sacrificing almost all my free time and quite a lot of my sleep. At the time it was really hard, and often boring and un-fun, but now it's pay-off time and it's great.

No comments: