Monday, December 8, 2008

Interview: Zepp

Name: Zepp Micallef
Panto Role: Chorus
Non-Panto Role: Maths Teacher

How did you come to be in the theatre scene?
I was always interested in theatre at school – I took part in plays and in the 6th form soiree. Later, some friends invited me to take part in Mamma Mia put on by De La Salle – I was one of the fathers – and that's how I got into theatre.

How about Panto, how did you come to be involved in it?
Some friends of mine from Voices were going to audition for Panto, and they invited me to go along and audition too.

What is your favourite genre in theatre?
Musicals because I love singing, and comedies because they're hilarious!



What has been your most embarrassing theatrical moment so far?
When I missed a cue and was late getting onto the stage!

What has been your most special theatrical experience?
In Voices there is a one-year voice scholarship, the Louis Naudi scholarship, offered each year to a choir member nominated by other choir-members for commitment, altruism and so on. One year I was nominated and shortlisted, I auditioned, and then later I found out that I won! For me that was a very special experience.

And what has been your worst theatrical experience?
Nothing really comes to mind!

And finally, what has been your best special theatrical experience?
Any time an audience gave a show a standing ovation!

If you could play any role at all, in any production, what would it be?
Anything would do, as long as I feel comfortable in the role!

If you could give one piece of advice to a person thinking about getting involved in the world of theatre, what would it be?
If you have a dream, whatever it is, believe in yourself and go for it!

Say something nice about someone else in the cast.
I think the chorus is great - we all clicked and I think that's nice. Well, I think that all of us are getting along well, the chorus, the mains, the backstage crew - I think all of us have become one big family!

And finally... what's a phrase that will now forever remind you of this year's Panto?
Salam everybody!

No comments: